All Kayak Fishing Forums

All Kayak Fishing Forums (http://www.allkayakfishing.com/forums/index.php)
-   All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing (http://www.allkayakfishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Searching for some clubs (http://www.allkayakfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=611)

christiberg 04-13-2007 03:59 PM

Searching for some clubs

I recently got into kayak fishing mostly for bass both fresh and saltwater. My ex-boyfriend introduced me to it and since he is no more, I'm searching for some possible clubs. I don't really feel that comfortable going out on the water by myself. Any ideas?

PerryC 04-15-2007 07:16 PM

Re: Searching for some clubs

Christi,
Welcome to our forums. If you live down by San Diego, there is no kayak fishing club per sey in your area that I'm aware of. We have some members here that fish San Diego that you may be able to fish with if you have a kayak and some equipment. What areas are you looking at fishing in?

Perry

Robert 04-15-2007 09:30 PM

Christi,
I fish San Diego Bay, Mission bay, and la Jolla quite often. Company is always
welcome. I'm going to fish San Diego Bay next Saturday. Probably Tidelands
Park on Coronado Island. It is a great spot. You don't have to go far there to catch fish. It is a very easy launch and not crowded this time of year. My friends and I have had many days at Tidelands where we caught so many
fish we couldn't count them all.

Robert

christiberg 04-16-2007 10:02 AM

2 weeks ago I launched at Dana Landing and it was pretty easy. I just flagged down the nearest person. I eventually want to head out to La Jolla when the water warms up. I was using plastics that day. If anyone ever wants to head out on the weekend let me know.

Robert 04-16-2007 07:59 PM

Christi,
I'm going to head out to Tidelands Saturday morning if you are interested.
I plan on launching around 6:30 A.M. and fishing till around 11:00. It's nice
that time of the morning. The water is like glass and all the knuckleheads
aren't out yet. My friends went down there last weekend and had great fishing.
I have been fishing there for about 5 years and know the place pretty well.

Robert

christiberg 04-16-2007 09:46 PM

I would love to but I have to keep my fishing to either Saturday afternoon or Sunday. I'm going to school and I don't get out 'till 12:00pm. Maybe I'll see you around on another day

Robert 04-17-2007 05:15 PM

Christy,
Sunday works fine for me! I'll be there at 6:30 A.M. I have a mango Tarpon 140
kayak.

Robert

christiberg 04-18-2007 12:47 PM

Cool. If I go I'm in a Ocean Kayak Scrambler XT, yellow.

gone_fishing 04-18-2007 08:04 PM

Welcome Christi!:hello Though AKF is not a club, it has put together a good group of fell kayak fishermen and women to fish with. I have to admit I prefer the night bite at Newport Bay over anywhere else. Coast Guard Beach has a great launch site coupled with an excellent evening bass bite. You can't go wrong.:thumbup See you on the water.

Hank

Beachem 04-19-2007 11:12 AM

Robert,

Jackie and I will see you there. Looks like a good tidal moring. Hope the spotties are hungry.

Bob