All Kayak Fishing Forums

All Kayak Fishing Forums (http://www.allkayakfishing.com/forums/index.php)
-   All Kayak Fishing Chit-Chat (http://www.allkayakfishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   mild weather clothing (http://www.allkayakfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2012)

megha_jones 11-13-2010 12:57 PM

mild weather clothing

ok i live in north fl and fish the gulf mostly. i am wanting to fish this winter and am looking for somthing to keep me warm. i currently have a nrs hydroskin short sleeve shirt. i was thinking of getting some hydroskin pants and socks to go with it. then i was watching the kayak fishing show and the guys look like they all have waders (like the nrs tempests) or somthing similar on.

about the coldest i will fish is when it is low 50's in the morning getting to about mid 60's in the afternoon. water temp is high 40's. i fish the flats so i wade alot (at least in the summer). i can also take layers off since im in shalow water.

thanks in advance

chris

IB Fish"N" 11-13-2010 06:17 PM

Re: mild weather clothing

I'm getting ready to get some waders myself out here on the west coast for the winter but it doesn't get that cold here in San Diego. But the guys i talk to got waist waders that way if they have to go pee they can pull them down easier than the chest waders.

megha_jones 11-14-2010 07:39 AM

yep i think i am going to go with waist high waders or splash pants. just dont have a store close so need ideas which to buy. was looking at the nrs tempest, the nrs endurance pants and the the white river fly breathable with stocking foot from bass pro.

i just dont know if sox or no sox. i think i like the endurance but i think these are not waders and i do have to get out and pull alot and love wade fishing.

JessicaParker 10-29-2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IB Fish"N" (Post 6290)
I'm getting ready to get some waders myself out here on the west coast for the winter but it doesn't get that cold here in San Diego. But the guys i talk to got waist waders that way if they have to go pee they can pull them down easier than the chest waders.

Surely have tried these clothing from waders and they are the best when it comes to going for kayaking with in mild weather conditions and stuff.

kobra 10-29-2011 03:46 PM

Breathable stocking foot chest waders with the front zipper. Makes it a lot easier to put on and take off and to take care of business. Don't forget to wear oversized booties to protect the neoprene socks while walking. You can add layers for the cold and a splash jacket or rain gear on top to stay perfectly dry.

JessicaParker 11-19-2011 10:29 AM

Yes for sure its getting cold, and in order to go for and keep on kayaking Waders would be required for sure. Go for and check the stores of Malibu or Crack Paddle Sports in order to find one.....