All Kayak Fishing Forums

All Kayak Fishing Forums (http://www.allkayakfishing.com/forums/index.php)
-   All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing (http://www.allkayakfishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Manjimup, West Australia (http://www.allkayakfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=630)

Manjimike 04-19-2007 05:58 AM

Manjimup, West Australia

2 Attachment(s)
Hi from Oz,
Manjimup is situated in the southwest corner of Oz, about 300km from Perth.

I fish freshwater (closest about 20mins) and in the Southern Ocean ( about an hour away).
If I am lucky I get out once a week and try and alternate fresh/salt.

My Dolfinn is a waveski type of craft - a bit slow but my old Minnkota helps. My son has his first snagasaurus in the 2nd pic:)

Cheers Mike:brews

PerryC 04-26-2007 03:52 PM

Re: Manjimup, West Australia

Greetings and welcome to our forums :welcome, all be it a bit late. Your post was down a few :o What do you fish freshwater for? We usually fish lakes for trout or largemouth bass. We'll often catch other species, but I think we target those two the most on the West Coast here in the USA. Back East, they'll go after bass and stripers and such. They have a very different fishery than we do here.

I had a guy from South Africa send us some photos of his serf-ski that they use there. I have never seen one in person, but they look very fast and capable to handle surf launches and exits as well as the paddler is able. I think one company has them here is the country, but I haven't seen one yet at any of the gatherings or tournaments. It's too bad also, there may be a good market for them here. A few of the touring kayak companies are making fiberglass Sit-On-Top kayaks now, so a good suf-ski might go.

I'll check out your town on Google Earth and see what is around there. It's pretty handy for snooping around. Thanks for stopping bye and saying Hello :thumbup

Perry

Manjimike 04-27-2007 01:46 AM

G'day Perry,
thanx 4 the welcome.
In the fresh I can chase trout and redfin (aka English Perch).
In the salt I so far I have caught Australian Salmon, Flathead, Herring & Skipjack Trevally. You can see my catch and other things on -
Manjimike - Photo Albums

You can also see my anchor trolley etc and the two pics above and I will gradually add more pics to it.

My waveski is not a very fast craft, but I enjoy what I can do on it and don't worry too much about the things I can't do:)

At a later date I intend building a plywood SOT yak and fit the Hobie Mirage drive to it.

Anyway Cheers :brews for now Mike

Incredible 04-29-2007 11:58 AM

Looks like the fishing is good down your way Mike.

Manjimike 04-29-2007 03:16 PM

Hopefully it will get better Incredible!!!

cashe 04-29-2007 04:43 PM

G'Day To you mate.I hope to get to Australia in the next year or two. I plan on staying for up to 6 months. The north, and western part of Australia is on the top of my list, maybe I'll see you there.