All Kayak Fishing Forums

All Kayak Fishing Forums (http://www.allkayakfishing.com/forums/index.php)
-   2010 OEX Tournament Trail (http://www.allkayakfishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Thinking about your first tournament? (http://www.allkayakfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1798)

Iceman 01-26-2010 12:52 PM

Thinking about your first tournament?

We want to encourage newcomers to participate in this years 2010 Tournament Trail! Feel free to ask any questions or voice any concerns if you are considering entering any of this year's tournaments. One incentive for first time entrants will be an additional raffle ticket. Everyone gets one, first 50 get a second and first timers get an additional ticket, great odds for some killer swag to be given away.

There is also an opportunity in this first event for your next 4 tournaments to be paid in full, that is a $100 savings. All you have to do is weigh in the best string of fish amongst any other first time entrants.

If you are on the fence, hop off! and join us!

EDIT! This years schedule!

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...ytrailcopy.gif

spencerssf 01-26-2010 09:00 PM

Re: Thinking about your first tournament?

When is it and were is it?

landwhale 01-27-2010 08:20 AM

Oceanside Harbor Feb 20, 2010

bigderel 01-27-2010 11:44 AM

I remember my first kayak tourney like it was yesterday! So much fun. Introduce yourself and fit right in.

Makojim 02-07-2010 09:48 AM

First time fishing the tourney and first season on the kayak. good to back on the water.

xBEEFEDGEx 02-13-2010 11:09 PM

Well I'm sold. Just signed up for my first tournament. Any tips for oceanside? I'm relatively new to saltwater, been fishing Newport for about a month now (not like you're going to give me any great tips since its a competition anyways, haha):lurk5:

landwhale 02-14-2010 11:43 AM

I like to use 3 to 4 inch baits and 3/8 heads always with an attractant (I use Uni Butter). My favorite bait have a curly tail Reebs 3 ½ inch razorbacks in green back color with a slow presentation. If the current or wind is strong I will up the head to ½ or ¾ oz. then there are the baits that Kerry makes that are weed less called Bugz. Brian Sanner makes some insane curly tails that are new when I have the chance I will also use them. If I am fishing a kelp or grass area it’s a sled head with a zoom jerk shad. These will be the baits I will use at Oceanside……….Hope it helps

Welcome and good luck

xBEEFEDGEx 02-15-2010 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landwhale (Post 5334)
I like to use 3 to 4 inch baits and 3/8 heads always with an attractant (I use Uni Butter). My favorite bait have a curly tail Reebs 3 ½ inch razorbacks in green back color with a slow presentation. If the current or wind is strong I will up the head to ½ or ¾ oz. then there are the baits that Kerry makes that are weed less called Bugz. Brian Sanner makes some insane curly tails that are new when I have the chance I will also use them. If I am fishing a kelp or grass area it’s a sled head with a zoom jerk shad. These will be the baits I will use at Oceanside……….Hope it helps

Welcome and good luck

Awesome, thanks for the tips!

Chasin' Bass 03-14-2010 08:09 AM

There is also an opportunity in this first event for your next 4 tournaments to be paid in full, that is a $100 savings. All you have to do is weigh in the best string of fish amongst any other first time entrants.

It was not mentioned, but wondering if this still applied for the Newbies? Please let me now. Thanks Danny

Iceman 03-14-2010 10:17 AM

This got lost in the hectic shuffle of tournament organization YES, the best string of fish does get you into the remaining tournaments for FREE!