View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 05:11 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: New addition to the fleet - speed boat ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg2969 View Post
If you own more than one boat can you say you have a fleet ?

Traded in one of the Ocean Kayak (OK- not really ok) Prowler 13s for a Hobie Mirage Revolution.

Boy is she fast and can turn on a dime with the rudder deployed.

BTW: If anybody wants my story about what happened with my OK P-13 PM me.
I do however still own another P-13 which I am very happy with.
I believe you can say you have a fleet, but can only be a Commodore with a large Barbosa style of hat

Hobie's are very nice kayaks, I'm sure it will serve you well. I think if they were a little less $$, Hobie would have to open another factory. As it is, I think everyone is sold before they even make them.

I'd like to know what happened to the ill fated P-13, so I'll bite this troll. So far, I've heard of them coming off roofs on the freeway, just about sinking because someone had a hatch off and got it swamped, one got stolen from my friend, one was tied to a buoy and it got sucked under when a large swell come along, one had an 8lb anchor with no scope in the rope and it also got sucked under by a swell, one folded in half on a rental and we got a call from the harbor patrol to come pick it up off the shore they dragged it to, then I had two rentals take on large amounts of water on me during tournaments. This doesn't include the ones with the warped hull that just won't paddle in a straight line no matter how hard or careful you are. If you still don't feel right about saying something in public about it, please send me a PM. I'm curious now

Perry
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube