View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 07:08 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: The Wall with Perry & Ron

Ed,
It's always nice getting out fishing and getting schooled by you. This trip, I got to get schooled by not one but two very good bass anglers After Edge Products being a sponsor for the last couple of years, it was nice to meet the owner also. His baits are one hot ticket for bass also. We used the Condors against the wall, but I've used the smaller Conrad's in the bays with good success. Personally, I got a few bass and a fat sculpin. The bass were fun, and the sculpin was dead still until it came time to depart off my hook.

The pelican incident was weird. We were going parallel to the jetty making a move and there are hundreds upon hundreds of pelicans that stay on the breakwall at night. If you motor by the jetty sometimes as soon as one takes off, they all do. So were cruising along, Ed is driving and I'm standing next to him on the jetty side. All of a sudden the pelicans take flight and there are so many it looks like a bee hive emptying out. No problem, their flying up and over us a good distance, except for one. I look ahead to my right and see something moving level with the rocks. Then I realize it's flying right at me! I said something like "My Gosh" and I turn inward as not to get hit in the face by it. Ed sees me turn and immediately throttles down the boat. Well, the poor thing hit the side of the boat next to me so hard it was one of the loudest thuds I've ever heard. We all turn around and this pelican is fluttering in the water. After about 30 seconds, this pelican takes flight and flies off just like nothing happened. We all sorta looked at eachother like "Did that just happen"?

PerryC.
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube