Thread: La Jolla - 7/5
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 06:28 PM
Barnacle Bob

Tarpon guy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: La Jolla - 7/5

Howdy all,

I had the same sort of luck in the kelp beds off of Cabrillo last week. Just before the water really started to warm, it seemed like fishing was better than ever, but not as good the last time out. Seemed odd to me!

Changing subjects, I read some of you guys talking about spinners which I have never tried, so I picked a few up and thought I'd try them out tomorrow morning at Cabrillo. I have two white and two chartreuse. 1 ounce and 1/2 ounce. They have plastic streamers with some silver mylar. I got single and double spinners. My plan was to cast around the edges of the kelp. I also have Hot Sauce for the first time, so I thought I'd slather a little on (the lures, I prefer the sun block) and see what happens. Sometimes I swab my swimbait around in squid juice, but never tried anything prepared, so I'm looking forward to giving it a shot.

I hope this isn't too far off the subjects for this post. Any advice on the spinners would be appreciated.

BTW, I've had more time to read through some of the archived posts. Great stuff. Thanks, eh?

Good fishing!

TG