Thread: Hi, I'm Steve.
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 02:25 PM
Baitfish

steveooo is on a distinguished road
Default Hi, I'm Steve.

I'm addicted to fishing.

I was able to fish twice this week. Wednesday I got lucky and snagged this little guy early in the a.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VrlK2o2HrI

I also lost my pride, as I got a little cocky on the landing. Got caught on the wrong side of a bigger set. Along with my pride, I lost a small box of Irons if anyone finds ‘em.

Brought out a friend on the Gayak on Thursday. No Yellow love, but I did manage to pick up a decent ling. Check another species off the list. Sweet.

Now, something to ponder. Although the squid boats are plentiful, there was still plenty of squid to be made on Thursday. The bite had sort of shut down, and people are quick to blame the squid boats for taking away all the squid and killing the bite. My theory is that a bite eventually shuts down because the fish gorge themselves for 4 days straight. I’m sure that about 1000 lead sinkers plunking on their head has something to do with it too, but there was actually less traffic on Thursday, and the bite had definitely slowed down. Any other theories?

Ether way, its been a while sine I’ve got a decent fish from the Yak, so I’m still pretty stoked. Big congrats to everyone else that got lucky this week too. Good to see some nice peeps on the water.

Welcome to the board.