View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Free Swimmer

yak attack is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Inshore or offshore........

well i have been a few times here in jacksonville it can be alot of fun but just as frusterating!!
make sure you are a good paddler and comfortable in falling out becasue it will probly happen in the breakers so on your first trip i would only bring no more that 2 poles and very few gear make sure everything is tied down and think about how you will get back on if you capsize... going out isnt to bad i only flipped once and there was like 12 foot swells but coming in is a diffrent story the waves will twist you so i paddle in backwards much easier!!!!
as far as fishing goes use your kayak as an advantage dont go to far and try not to go alone sharks are a blast but think about what your going to do with a shark in your kayak?? cobia are great to talk to local fisherman about tactics and ways to fish beyond the breakers... i know here in jax i drive around till i find pogy pods this time of year and the only do i go out when i see the pods where i catch tarpon kingfish and somtimes jacks good luck!!