View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 08:08 PM
Livin' the Dream

seatech is on a distinguished road
Default Re: When will I learn

Yeah, the open party boats can be a beeatch. I gave up on them a few years ago. Best bet is a private charter on a boat that you know catches fish and has the right customer service attitude.

I am with Perry on the Baja Resorts. I've been down there about 12 times in the past 15 years and have not had one issue. We've been going to Punta Colorada the past few years and the place is fantastic. They even purchased yaks with rod holders and bait wells a few years back. Fishing 5-50 yards off the beach and catching jacks, cabrilla and roosters on fly-lines baits is PRETTY FUN!! Throw in some great surf fishing to boot and you can fish sunrise to sundown.

I'll probably put together a trip for next June again and anyone wanting to tag along is welcome. The trip, 5 days in the hotel, fishing 4 days on a cruiser, 2 guys to a room and boat, airfare from LAX, all meals, van to/from the hotel usually runs about $1300. You go go much cheaper if you want to fish pangas or the kayaks. Figure another $200-$300 for bait, tip and drinks.

Also thinking of headind down to Baccarrac Largemouth Bass fishing again end of September. The lodge is running a 3 day fishing special for $750.

Ed