View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 11:59 PM
Predator

fishfinder has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Help - Selection

Great start try several boats I bought the xfactor just because of the rear 90* hatch sounds silly but i also loved the way the kayak handled . I fish in the bays and never paddle more than a couple of miles. If you want a offshore boat you want a lighter fast boat.

Please don't do what i did and go buy a ton of fishing gear. Keep it basic don't go out and buy a bait casting reel if you don't know how to use one. Wait on the fish finder. learn how to work your boat nothing is more frustrating than over shooting or running into the bridge pilling when trying to sneak into position. Go out a learn how to fish the bay and maneuver your boat when you master the basics then you'll be ready to learn new skills. I had the hardest time learning to work with the current and not against it- just that skill improved my fishing by 100%

recently a WISE old freshwater bass fisherman told me the key to fishing is the ability to approach the body of water and understand that 90% of the water in front of me doesn't hold fish. I must find that 10% were the fish are hanging out once you find that spot or spots then catching is easy
I thought he was going senile

Now i go out with 3 inch grubs in three different colors and i always catch fish bass, halibut, croakers what ever is in the bay

Last edited by fishfinder; 03-19-2007 at 12:01 AM. Reason: proper English is hard as hell