View Single Post
Old 03-24-2006, 08:19 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Default The Vine

Ed,
It was good fishing with ya'll today also. The FSR radios were a good idea and I'm glad you though of it, "The Skidmark" on the west shore was happening on the point, but it was well staked out already. I got to break in my Thomas&Thomas 6wt rod, and it was worth the trip for just that. I guess I'll have to religate the G. Loomis for my backup rod .

The day started off with me finding out one of the valves in the tube was not tight as it should have been, and it lost more air before launch that was good. I carry extra valves with me so it would have been cool even if it needed to be replaced. I recently won the T&T rod in a raffle, so I was eager to check it out. I used a type lll sinking line, which is what I normally use at Crowley but I often had to clean the moss off my fly. I trolled though the launch area for a few snags and not much else. Trout Island was about he same, but I was able to score off the West Shore while using a Muddler Minnow. I would have really liked to stay longer for the afternoon bite, but I had some family stuff to do in the afternoon, so I left after getting you on the FSR.

Until next time...
Perry
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube