View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 04:29 PM
Home Guard

Piranha is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fishing Rod Leash

I use the 6' dog leashes from the 99 cent store! I put a 99 cent store dog collar on the rod handle with cable ties! It can be clipped shut around the hand part of the leash. This makes it easy to remove the leash when you don't need it! On the hardware end of the leash I add on some brass spring clips that I bought from Perry. You clip them to the o-rings on your yak. I'm sure many people reading this board have either lost a rod overboard with no leash, or saved one because it was leashed when it deep sixed! The brass clips are a great investment because they don't rust and don't seize up from the salt! I just rinse them in fresh water, and grease the slide occasionally! Maybe Perry can post a link to these clips at his store. I'm having trouble finding it! Perry has the right ones and they're very reasonable! I can make a great leash for around $3! I don't like those "squiggly" leashes because in my experience, they tend to get tangled in everything! I had a rough time with them! I also put my vhs mradio in an Aquapac, which floats! Ditto my cell phone, in its own Aquapac! You can talk right thru the Aquapacs! Lotsa guys have lost radios and cellphones over the side. If mine fall in, I reach over and pick 'em up! I think Perry's store sells Aquapacs. If not, there's always ebay. Piranha

BTW, Perry, I can't get to the store with the link in your post! Maybe it's my pc! Donno!

Last edited by Piranha; 12-12-2006 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Addition