View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 11:59 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Hello all together I´m new in this board

Peter,
From what I have seen, I think the meeting with Mel will be great. I still want to meet him when I can, he is one of the fly fishing icons. I went to the site you mentioned and looked in the forums. Unreal, I cannot believe how much information about fishing in Europe is there. I was there for an hour or so reading the forums and didn't skim the surface of them. The belly boat forum was also very interesting. I saw that the guys all use Trout Unlimited float tube, I did not know they were a global company, as they are. I am glad to see Shimano dealers are going to be selling GLoomis equipment in Europe. I have a couple of fly rods GLoomis I really like. I know the GLoomis fly reels are made by Shimano and they are some of the best values around. Do you use any products under the D.A.M. Label? My friend used to work for Okuma who owned D.A.M. He gave me some stuff from them and everything is high quality like I would expect, especially the reels. I'm going to a fly fishing shoe this weekend if I can, and I'll send some photos next week.
Take Care,
Perry
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube