View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 04:36 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: I need an advice

Like GG said, I would submit to shops. From what I have seen, even larger companies are subbing out some or alot of their work more than they used to. I'm sure you have some names from your previous company, so you may be able to get some help there. Different packages would be appealing from basic to advanced with different pricing.

Who to work for? You could look in the industry you were in and maybe start there. You can also look on the internet and see which websites are outdated, that you have the skills to update. Those are often situations where they may already have a webmaster that is too busy to handle it by themselves, or ??. With the company cutbacks that have happened, often the person supposed to do the updates just dont have the time as they are doing shipping, answering phones or who knows what. I would say that small to medium businesses would be more apt to use a small company or individual person for their website work.

Also, even a sucessful small website company will often consist of at least 3 or 4 people to make them work. One may be good at HTML, another good at top notch graphics that can also do layouts/story boards, one do search engine work and a good salesperson. Maybe a web programmer, with the array of .asp, MYSQL, and the others and your set. Not everyone, but some people including myself who try to do everything themselves can get overwhelmed by the many aspects of putting together tight websites, and often have to make excuses why things don't get done for several months or a year or so. I would say IMHO, that is one costly mistake to avoid at all costs.
Perry
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube