View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 01:25 AM
Baitfish

Chriskayaks is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I need an advice

Hi arrodecycle

I got some web designing experience as well and designed and updated a few websites for a few companies. I'm not sure about the ideal price range in the United States for designing of websites.

Hopefully my advice will help you a little bit. You can always try registering at a hosting company like HostGator. They provide cheap hosting accounts and you can generate some income asking a monthly fee for hosting but you will have to be hosting support. Look for something that will provide live support, support ticket system or even Skype in order for people to contact you.

Advertise your services on sites like Craig's List and similar sites. You will be able to get a few projects and jobs from them. I also recommend doing some additional normal design and or signage work. This will also provide some income.

Like Perry and Granite said, search for websites which you can update and provide special packages from basic to more advanced and try to bring in specials that somehow forces the client to pay a little more for extra services but aren't going to take all of your time to do.

Hopefully all of our information will help you to start your own business and maybe provide a steady income for you and your family. Please remember one thing though, Rome wasn't built in one day.