View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 07:25 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: Help - Selection

Hookster,
I moved your post here because I though it would get more replies and exposure. Hope you don't mind

I always ask anglers who are looking at kayaks a few questions, such as do you have any kayak dealers near you who rent kayaks? Is so, which brands? Buying a model of kayak without paddling many beforehand is always a risk that you may not like the way it feels after you've spent a bunch of money.

Also, what is your body style? For example I'm 5'11" and 240. So for myself, I just don't fit into smaller kayaks very well.

Next would be is it more important to you to be able to sit back and relax while fishing, in maybe a wider kayak for example, or do you want a narrower/longer kayak which will get you from point A to point B with less energy expended.

If you could estimate where you plan to spend 80% of your fishing time, it may help also. Do you plan to hit mainly inshore such as bays, or lakes and such. Or is offshore where you want to fish?

This would be a good starting point I think. Looking forward to hearing from you soon,
Perry
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube