View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 09:44 AM
Baitfish

Try-n 2Fish is on a distinguished road
Default OEX Tournament mission bay

I am the kid who everyone has been talking about who got off of his kayak in the last OEX Tournament held at mission bay. I would first like to say that I did not know this was against tournament rules. The same goes for when My brother towed my a few hundred yards on my way back to the wiegh in. Had I carefully read the rules I would have had a clue, and I would like to take full responsibility for this and apologize to all the kayakers who fished that tournament. Should I decide to fish another kayak tournament I will read every rule and regulation to ensure I do not break any rules again.

Secondly I did do something that I have never done before. I accepted a small calico bass from my dad and put it in my live well. This I did know would be cheating. I honestly have no excuse for this because I was aware what I was doing was wrong, and unfair to every single kayaker of the tournament. I am not a cheater in fishing or life, and that’s just not the kind of person I am. But when I do stupid things like this I don't expect anyone to believe that. The worst part of it in my opinion is for my sponsors who have let me on their team and been kind enough to let me sample gear, cloths, and have been incredibly generous to me in every way. And Then I do this at my first tournament and outing. I keep hearing things will be alright and work out, but at the same time I know that alot of people are very upset and that I did this and that I know I will lose more opportunities further up the road. I have learned a lesson far greater than I wanted to, and will make no stupid mistakes in any future tournaments I may fish.

To everyone who fished the OEX tournament that day and to the owner of OEX I would sincerely like to apologize for my actions, and that I mean this when I say it will never happen again. To Uni Butter and tenacious baits: I'm sorry for letting you guys down so soon into meeting you, and hope that I can get one more chance from you both.