View Single Post
Old 10-06-2006, 08:24 AM
Free Swimmer

slayersmith is on a distinguished road
Default Lobster is now on the menu

Met a couple of buddys at the Santa Monica bay at 5:30 filled the bait cages with bonita and macs that I caught a couple of weeks ago and froz for this season. Got on the water about 6:30 we started pulling up shorts at about 7:30, then I got on a roll pulled 5 legals for the night.

The wind was blowing hard it was tough staying above the nets when pulling. One buddy got a legal and a few shorts and the other buddy just pulled shorts all night.

I think the reason I did so well was the fresh frozen bait. I had one net in what I call my honey hole and the bait cage was picked clean, only thing left in the cage was the bones from the bait and that cage was full when I started. With that net I pulled 2 legals and about 20 shorts I think the same shorts got pulled up a few times.

I gave one buddy who pulled shorts all night 2 bugs and I took home 3 so lobster is on the menu.

Check out the western outdoor news this week Paul Lebowitz did a write up on kayak hoopin. There is a picture of Kenny and me doing a bug-of- war with his 7lber he caught last year. Jim/Saba Slayer took the picture from his boat.

Take it easy!

Aaron