Thread: Whack-A-Seal
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 09:31 PM
Predator

Granite Goliath is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Whack-A-Seal

WOW! You installed my stuff. Small world. I returned a part to you I took by accident. Sorry, new parts and I thought it was mine.

I mainly go there for the free parking. And ease of it as well. There's a place called LeeWay Sailing Center. It has a public wash station for after paddling and free parking in front of it and across the street. I'm just a school teacher so my salary can't cover parking fees everytime I launch.

There's also a driveway to the beach so you can unload the yak, then take off to park your car. Later you can drive your car and pick up the yak, after the paddle.

However, to make the paddle shorter you can launch bayside of 72nd street jetty in LB. But, you carry the yak over the sand. My buddy has a cart, but I carry.

We fish the channel area and the bass wait for the bait to swim by and attack it. So it's mostly docks we fish. We see boats and other yaks metering fish, but no fish finder installed on either of our yaks so we fish the docks. Fish aren't really chasing right now, but water is getting clearer and feels warmer so soon enough they should chase.

That channel area gets huge amounts of bait coming in. Tons of mussels growing on the rocks, boats and docks make for an abundance of food source. Plus, there's no fishing on the land side of the docks so most fishing is never heavily pressured.

At high tide in warmer water there's a great dock between LeeWay and the channel. YFC by the buckets and bass waiting to get them (bass at hightide)

I'm hoping Friday or Saturday I launch. Depends on rain. I never paddle 3 days after any rain for bacteria reasons. However, that bay area has been given several A grades due to the high amount of seagrass growing, acting as a filter and pass hiding place

Hard part of parking is Fridays, due to street sweeping. But, one side of the street is street sweeping Thursday and the other is Friday, so all you really do is change whay side you're on. Friday is just less space to park on.

I'll PM my cell and let you know when. My yak buddy will usually go along too.