View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 06:25 PM
Baitfish

AFARR is on a distinguished road
Default Updating my own post...

I had the Trident 13 out on the water today...did great. Light wind on a smaller lake (Beltzville in PA), a little very light waves and some small wakes (from the idiots who can't tell what "no wake zone" means).

Very dry..a little water in the footwells (more from me than from the kayak), and a bit damp on the rear end...

The one thing I did notice...it is heavy to get on the car...did it myself going and had my daughter help on the way back...

So, I'm thinking NOT a Big Game...as it's heavy enough it would be difficult to work with (and would only see occasional use because of that...).

Probably a slightly shorter (10 or 11'), slightly wider (30+") that's a little bit lighter. The Trident is OK to use, but a slightly smaller one would be nice to throw on the car for a quick trip...

And, I did dump the kayak once intentionally...water was nice and warm...
had no trouble flipping it back myself and flopping onto it (not the smoothest action to do, but I can get on with no trouble). Might be a bit harder with a bunch of gear, but it didn't get any water in the hatches, and leashing everything down should work well...

AFARR