View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 09:13 AM
Baitfish

bluefin2na is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OEX Tournament mission bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pescalocos View Post
Like A famous author once said,"when people show you who they are believe them the first time". I was sad to learn that this young man not only cheated but his father and brother helped him to do so. I hope OEX and SWBA will not allow this man to fish in any of their tournaments this year. There is no excuse for this non sportsman like conduct and I will be outraged if any of the Organizers allow this man to fish in any tournaments given how far he went to cheat in his first kayak competition. In addition, how could a company continue to sponsor someone who clearly is not ethical. What does that say about the company? It's a very disappointing day for those of us who really enjoy the sport and believe in true sportsmanship.

::: In addition, how could a company continue to sponsor someone who clearly is not ethical. What does that say about the company? :::

As the owner of UNIGOOP bait company, I can say the young man made a mistake, however for me to ban him from sponsorship would not do any good. I told the young man what to do, and he is doing it. He steped up, and as far as him not being ethical, thats a matter of opinon.
Kind of like watching some fishermen, drinking and getting drunk at events, or worst. Yet we never hear about that now do we?

The kid made a big mistake, no question about that. But banning a young man for a mistake that he learned from , IMO is not going to do any good.

As for your question about "What does that say about the company"?
Let me tell you, that UNIGOOP bait company has helped out more young kids then anyother scent company on the west coast in the last 5 years.
Just last DAY AT THE DOCKS the pro staff guys help sling fish tacos and raised over $3,900 bucks for the MONARCH SCHOOl which is a school for homeless kids.
Each year we do another event for CAPT RON at LAKE POWAY for 100s of kids.

We also do the young IGFA event at SHELTER ISLAND each year.

Also 100s of kids at CAPT RONS CRYSTAL PEIR event,

and we feed the WOUNDED WARRIORS event each year.

We do all this for free at no charge, and the pro staff do it with NO PAY, but only to help give back.

50% of ALL SALES of UNIBUTTER to go a young persons rehab center, to help those in need to fight addiction,

So to answer your question, THATS THE KIND OF COMPANY WE ARE.

To OEX and the members of this fourm, I,m sorry about this being my 1st post.