Thread: bassin' tips
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 07:59 AM
Livin' the Dream

seatech is on a distinguished road
Default Re: bassin' tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Rat View Post
Ed: I had just posted a reply to your spottie post about swimbaits and then I just read your response here, great job on your responses and insight.

However, I would like to know a little more about your swimbait technique. Are you primarily just ripping this bait and is that how your freshwater fishing it?

Thanks,

Water Rat
For green bass I have been fishing the swimbaits one of two ways:

Cast, let it sink (play with various depths until I find the fish) and then a slow wind back.

...or cast let it, let it sink to the bottom and then bounce it off the bottom all the way back.

I have not had too much success with the ripping it back to the boat in freshwater, but in saltwater for calicos, it is my #1 producer.

Got this one in Huites on the slow wind back to the boat. Lost a nice 4-5lbr right at the boat on the cast just before this standard model, which I just noticed is the same color/length swimbait I caught the spottie on last night

I think like any other bait technique, you just gotta do it for awhile and figure how it works best for you. Always easier to get on a good bite and then switch over to a new bait and see how it performs.

Hope this helps.

Ed