View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 01:34 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Talking Re: Greetings from Denmark

Georg,
Greetings from us here I was very fortunate to have been in Denmark some years ago and you have a very beautiful country. I was in and excuse the spelling in advance, Middlefaht. We were right by a fjord and the bay looked very inviting for float tubing.

Most of the float tubing in Saltwater here is done in bays. A few anglers go out nearshore in the ocean, but there is too much talk about big things with alot of teeth, so we stay inside and fish. Some bays close to me allow you to float tube and fish, and others don't like you to, but most of the patrol people just look the other way. The bays are pretty much open to kayak fishing though. We don't have sea trout like you have here, but we do have some bass and a flatfish called a halibut. These are a few photos of what we have locally. We caught these using conventional gear. Not that many of us that float tube and paddle a kayak also fly fishing. I only know about 4 or 5 others personally. I still have yet to catch my first bay bass from my float tube and fly rod for this year.

Those sea trout look HUGE. Have you caught one form your float tube?? They must give you a fight in a tube. Take care,
Perry
Attached Images

Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube