View Single Post
Old 05-28-2006, 07:58 PM
Barracuda

Beachem is on a distinguished road
Default Tidelands Park 5/28

Made the maiden voyage this morning, my wife (Jackie) and I just bought a couple of kayaks. Did a lot of reading, comparing and test paddling before we decided on O.K. Prowlers. Need to give a huge thanks to Robert for all his help on getting these thing rigged right. Sure made the learning curve a lot shorter.

Jackie’s going to give you her first fish report.

BC

After much anticipation, Bob and I took our first paddle out on our new Prowler kayaks. 6:00am this morning we met up with Robert and Drew to do some paddling around Glorietta Bay and hopefully catch some fish along the way. The water was calm and the surroundings were just beautiful. The pressure was soon off as I hooked my first spotted bay bass and didn’t fall out of the yak! Shortly afterwards, Bob caught his first fish. Just as I paddled up to get a picture it jumped off the hook. Robert gave Bob some of his new penny shrimp and he started hooking up. Robert was great with all his help and suggestions.

In all, I think I caught four fish – 3 spotties and 1 sand bass. However, for the first day out I think I did pretty well. Tomorrow is another story.

Jackie