View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 01:13 PM
Livin' the Dream

seatech is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Camera for the yak?

Jerry,

Yes it does capture sound, not that great but good enough for this type of camera.

The zoom lense is contained in the camera housing and that housing is flat, so there is no lense extension. This camera should work in your aquapac.

Two things that I don't like but have learned to live with. The camera does not have a traditional viewfinder only the backscreen display that shows where you are shooting. In bright light and really dark situations it is worthless, you just aim and hope for the best.

Second, as the W30 is a traditional digital camera and not an SLR type digital there can be shutter delay when trying to get action shots.

But then again this is a $230 camera and not a $1200 Digital Nikon/Canon SLR.

Still worth buying IMO.

Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piranha View Post
I plan to put it in the small camera aquapac I won in the photo contest! Hope it'll fit! That should float it! Two more questions , First, does it shoot sound video? Second, does the lens move in and out when you turn it on? That feature made using my old Olympus D550 in the Aquapac impossible! Thanks for such a speedy response! I also have one of those DXG-308 underwater housing equipped cameras! It's given me headaches!

You can't see the viewfinder in bright light! I need something better. Tired of the cheesy driveway shots by my daughter!

Thanks Ed! Piranha/Jerry