View Single Post
Old 06-16-2007, 12:05 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Smile Friday the 15th Report

Met up with Needlefish and Matthew for some afternoon fishing in the "Big Salty" from my float tube. I launched a few minutes later than I wanted to, but was able to make up some ground with the slack tide before the incoming got up to speed. After launching, I headed out towards the PCH bridge and made my first stop a few hundred yards or so up the line. I tossed my trusty spinnerbait for some awesome hits, but I had removed the stinger hook because I did not want to have to dig it out at night from a fishes mouth, so they grabbed the bait but not the good part

I started working different areas until I found some bass willing to go. In the process, the tugs came through so I was sure I was way off to the side for them as usual.

After catching a few bass, I moved with the tides and rode it in for a few hundred yards towards the launch. I ended up wit half a dozen bass made up of spotties and sandies, and this 20" halibut. It hit my bass jig, but who's complaining. A cool trip and a pleasure fishing with Needlefish and Matthew and looking forward to many more afternoon trips. The new valve in the float tube worked well, so I'm good to go.

Perry
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube