View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 06:39 PM
Barracuda

Robert has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Long "boat ride"

Needlefish,
I've been on some stinker 1 1/2 day trips like that. The last tuna trip I went on
we ended up with a couple of dorado for 30 people! The boat was friggin jinxed
big time. We were fishing in an area 130 miles South of Point Loma with several other boats in the fleet fishing fishing right near our boat. We weren't getting
squat! Several boats around us had everyone on board hooting and hollering. It looked like everybody on board was hooked up at the same time. The other boats felt sorry for us, so the let us slide up on their spot after they limited out.
Wouldn't you know it every time we did this, and we did it 4 separate times, the bite would die. It wouldn't just die, it was beyond dead! The hell of it was, that this was supposed to be a 1 day trip, but when we got down to the landing the captain informed us that the fish had moved out of 1 day range and if we wanted a better chance at getting some we would need to pony up some more money for the longer trip! It turned out that the fishing was just as good in the 1 day range! I never went on a tuna trip again! I bought my first kayak and was happy as can be catching lots of fish, even though they weren't tuna. I never regretted my decision to never go out on those boats again. I have more fun being my own captain. But a lot of people like to go out after those tuna. More power to them!

Robert