Thread: Nph 1st Timer
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 07:48 PM
Barracuda

jonee523 will become famous soon enough
Default Nph 1st Timer

Hey all,

Well finally made it to the salt for the first time on the yak. I arrived at NPH back bay about 1030 and was set up and ready 1045. After finally launching I made a bee line to the back bay. On the way I was trolling a luckycraft deep diver for no love. After hitting many docks with swimbaits I finally get my first spottie and break the skunk, not to mention truly break in the new set up. I was using a BH 3" clear with red flake. Actually both my fish were caught on this lure. After catching fish #1 I switched to spinner baits, again for no love. Funny thing is I missed many fish on the spinner baits?? Oh I forgot to mention condictions were none to good either. It was windy breezy at first then windy with small swell and caps. When that started I decided to head for calmer water and parked by the PCH bridge. This is where I got spottie #2, again on the clear red flake BH. After 5 hrs on the water by now I'm calling it a day.

So now can anyone give a newbie any advise? I really enjoyed the experience and can't wait till next time.

tight lines and paddle well,

Jon

jonee523

ps. gonna try to post pics.
Attached Images

Last edited by jonee523; 05-06-2007 at 11:12 PM. Reason: add pics