Thread: Dana Point 8/20
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2006, 08:29 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Dana Point 8/20

Robert,
The P13 is definitely a nice kayak with a well thought out deck. However, after spending half a day in it in the open water though, I think it's better suited to someone a bit smaller and lighter than myself. If I was running a 5 gallon powered bait tank, and more gear I'm not sure how it would work out. While the P15 takes care of most of the weight concerns, but it feels very different to me as far as paddling compared to the P13, and not necessarily the glide/speed. I tried the Big Game again, and while it won't win any races, I don't have to worry about weighing one down too much. I liked the Fish-N-Dive XF I had, but then when Cobra brought out the Mariner, we traded them in to help promote the new model and the rest is history as they say . While I like the FnD, I like sitting sideways for alot of the day and being able to move my feet around while paddling. It is alot easier with the Big Game than the FnD in my opinion. In the end, I got a Big Game and will try that for a few years give or take,LOL. Looking forward to breaking it in soon. TC&TL,
Perry
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube