All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All General Kayak Fishing Discussion > All Kayak Fishing Chit-Chat

Old 02-29-2008, 02:31 AM
Frisian on Lolland

Georg Siefkes is on a distinguished road
Default Greetings from Denmark

Good morning folks

My friend Peter Beckmann told me about your site and here I am

Perhaps you would like to know a little bit about me. I was born some fourty years ago in a small village in East Frisia near the dutch border in germany. I like fishing on sea trout and cod from belly boat and yak. Met Peter on a fly tying meeting and since that time I try to brush up my flycasting skills Since last november I made my dream come true. Me and my girl run a small guesthouse for anglers on Lolland. I can now reach the coast by bicycle within 10 minutes

I hope that we'll have a lot of fun and a huge information transfer in this extraordinary forum

So if you like to know more about fishing on seatrout, cod, salmon or the spooky mullet in the baltic sea just hit buttons, guys
Old 02-29-2008, 01:34 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Talking Re: Greetings from Denmark

Georg,
Greetings from us here I was very fortunate to have been in Denmark some years ago and you have a very beautiful country. I was in and excuse the spelling in advance, Middlefaht. We were right by a fjord and the bay looked very inviting for float tubing.

Most of the float tubing in Saltwater here is done in bays. A few anglers go out nearshore in the ocean, but there is too much talk about big things with alot of teeth, so we stay inside and fish. Some bays close to me allow you to float tube and fish, and others don't like you to, but most of the patrol people just look the other way. The bays are pretty much open to kayak fishing though. We don't have sea trout like you have here, but we do have some bass and a flatfish called a halibut. These are a few photos of what we have locally. We caught these using conventional gear. Not that many of us that float tube and paddle a kayak also fly fishing. I only know about 4 or 5 others personally. I still have yet to catch my first bay bass from my float tube and fly rod for this year.

Those sea trout look HUGE. Have you caught one form your float tube?? They must give you a fight in a tube. Take care,
Perry
Attached Images

Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube

Old 03-01-2008, 02:42 AM
Frisian on Lolland

Georg Siefkes is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Greetings from Denmark

Hi Perry and thanks for the warm welcome

Well - unfortunately I caught no seatrout from belly or yak yet. My first fish from belly boat was a cod. It had something bout 4 kilograms ( should be appr. 8.8 pound or something) .

But it was fun The sea trouts i caught till now were by spin rod and in waders from the coast. My first sea trout on fly is still to come

You have been in Middelfahrt ? Wow - nowadays our globe is just a village. Well Middelfahrt is really a special place. I thougt about fishing from yak or BB too, but the locals told me that the currence there can be hell. So I fished from the shore what also was very good.

Georg

"Preserve your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but not live."

Mark Twain