All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Fresh-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 01-31-2007, 08:22 PM
Livin' the Dream

seatech is on a distinguished road
Default Irvine LAke Yak Report 1/31

Ahhhh.... was supposed to fish Clemente today but due to a friends boat issues and the sketchy weather, the trip was put on hold.

Since I had the day off, I decided to drag the yak up to Irvine.
Arrived at the gate around 6:15am and was informed they had just stock up off Trout Island. Soooo, I drove up to the old launch ramp there and not another sole was stirring.

Launched the yak, made a few paddles and dropped a crawler, not 5 minutes into the day, had my first fish, about 2.5lbs. I hung out there for the next hour and it was just stupid fishing. Inflated crawlers worked the best, I tried Rapalas and Lip RipperZ but did not get a single hit.

I suppose if I hadn't of "farmed" a few at the boat I would have had double limits in the first 30 minutes.

After an hour or so, a few other folks in boats, tubes and from shore showed up so I set off trolling up to the inlet and dam areas, then down the West Shore. Good work out, but not a single knock down.

Fished (bait, rapalas, Lip Ripperz, Castmaster, etc...) everything until about 1:30pm and did not get another fish. Looked like a slow pick for most people on the West Shore.

Nice day on the lake, very few people out, saw an Osprey nail a trout (very cool), back home, fish cleaned by 4pm.

Life is good!

Ed