All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Fresh-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 04-25-2010, 11:04 PM
Baitfish

andrewtp is on a distinguished road
Default Lake Perris 4/25

Went out w/ a buddy and launched sail cove about 11:30 am. Beautiful day out. Trolled the dam in tight w/ crankbaits, caught a dink bass and a one lber. Buddy caught a trout and a dink as well. They like the green cranks out there when the suns shining. Anchored down a few times at for nada. Fished Bernasconi for a bit but the chop was too crazy to fish worms from a yak, so we trolled further towards the reeds. Buddy hooked a nice lmb that had to be a 6-7 lber trolling a huddleston around the reeds. Buddy caught some good size blue gill at Bernasconi on the greenish crank. Again still too choppy to finesse, but we gave it a shot for nada. Trolled back to the dam and caught another one lber on an orange Strike king crank.

Great day on the water, even though I lost some crankbaits to some killer 100 lb rock fish! haha Lesson learned- trolling rapalas that dive to 10 ft in tight on the dam isn't the smartest idea. Even broke a rod that I had in a holder that I wasn't aware of while casting, but still a blast on the water. (that rod is goin to get exchanged by the way -defect haha)

Wind picked up pretty good around 5-6ish, and there were lots of boats and skis on the water = difficult time worm fishing from a yak.

Off the water at 7pm.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:34 PM
Home Guard

kobra is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Lake Perris 4/25

I used to fish Perris back a few years ago. Those boats and jet skis were a pain in the arse back then too. Glad to hear you guys caught some. Thanks for the report.