All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Tournaments > All Other Kayak Fishing Tournaments

Old 08-18-2007, 09:12 PM
Barnacle Bob

Tarpon guy will become famous soon enough
Default Cabrillo tournament

Stopped by Cabrillo to check out the weigh-in. Kenny said the best at that point was an 18lb. 10oz. flattie. There were still a couple of guys late in coming in, but I think that might have been the winner.

I was happy to see that with all the yaks on the water, a couple of my favorite spots still went unnoticed. I think I'll give it a try in the morning. I took a few shots of the mob at the landing, including the two below.
Attached Images

"I fish because the voices in my head tell me to!"
Old 08-19-2007, 08:22 AM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: Cabrillo tournament

TG,
Thanks for the report I haven't been to Cabrillo in a long time and I'll have to change that. What did they ever do with how you pay for parking? Last I heard they were going to put pay stations up like in SD, but don't know if they carried through with it. TC&TL,
Perry
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube

Old 08-19-2007, 02:10 PM
Barnacle Bob

Tarpon guy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Cabrillo tournament

They did change the booths. You just take a ticket now and pay when you leave. It seems to end up cheaper, even if you stay for several hours.

Ran accross piranha out on the water this morning. Had a good time fishin' and shootin' the breeze.

Jerry,

Whenever you guys decide to hit Dana Point, I'll make time

"I fish because the voices in my head tell me to!"
Old 08-19-2007, 09:41 PM
Home Guard

Piranha is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cabrillo tournament(and the leftovers!)

I think they cleaned out Cabrillo yesterday, but it was nice to meet Tarpon Guy on the water. He mentioned your website and said he was Tarpon Guy. I introduced myself as Piranha and we had a lot of common ground, and got along very well. We'll hit Dana soon. That's water I know well! Perry, join us! My big son Jerry Jr. and his bud John went way around the point, I stayed closer in. They found some action, but nothing really hot! Not much action. One yakker was catching perch, small sheephead, and various other denizens on ghost shrimp! Tarpon Guy and I were on the outside, BTW, throwing lures. I tried fresh dead sardines, and cut fresh dead, but it looks like all the croakers were elsewhere!
Old 08-20-2007, 12:25 PM
Home Guard

mg2969 is on a distinguished road

I fished the tourney too. I agree they probablly cleaned em out. I pre-fished Cabrillo for the last 3 weeks and havenot been able to catch a butt. My idea was to head out to the point and troll for macs and bonita. Hey its like 40 days or so till lobster season opens. Gotta make bait while I can .
Old 08-20-2007, 04:44 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: Cabrillo tournament

MG,
Were you trolling with live bait at Cabrillo? The smelts you catch off the fishing pier there used to do really good for the hali's. They're alot hardier than the dines you buy plus they are one of the halibuts native forage fish there which never hurts. The dines we used to get there never lasted that long whereas a smelt will last for a few hours, and even if it gets raked it will still be trying to swim. Before they dredged the inside there was alot of kelp by shore that had bass and you could usually catch a hali with live bait. I dunno how it is there now a days though, sometimes a year or two can make a big difference in the fishing. TC&TL,
Perry
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube

Old 06-17-2009, 03:38 PM
Baitfish

Ranana_Alef is on a distinguished road
Default Cabrillo tournament

You can pre pay for this event on July 1 at 1 Limit Bait Shop in Farragut from 2pm till close. And on July 2 at C and C Outdoors in Louisville Tn from 2pm till close. I hope to see you all at the tournament.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:22 PM
Native Americans

SamTHorn is on a distinguished road

Now those are some mighty fine pictures. Thanks for sharing.

~ Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarpon guy View Post
Stopped by Cabrillo to check out the weigh-in. Kenny said the best at that point was an 18lb. 10oz. flattie. There were still a couple of guys late in coming in, but I think that might have been the winner.

I was happy to see that with all the yaks on the water, a couple of my favorite spots still went unnoticed. I think I'll give it a try in the morning. I took a few shots of the mob at the landing, including the two below.