All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All General Kayak Fishing Discussion > All Kayak Fishing Chit-Chat

Old 05-09-2007, 08:30 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Stagecoach Country Music Festival

The family (sans daughter) and myself went to Indio for the first annual stagecoach country music festival. There was just too much country music music to listen to with 4 stages cranking out music every half hour. Bluegrass was represented by Nickel Creek and Earl Scruggs, and the hard rock influence was represented by Eric Church, and the classics like Willie Nelson, George Strait, Brooks & Dunn and more. Eating, drinking and partying was on the menu for the weekend. These are just a few shots I chose to share, hope you like them

General grass area showing peeps heading in getting their spots picked out for the day. It was first come, first served with those in the front of the line getting the prime spots:

It was time to eat and drink and get this party started. I looked for the tofu, but I was told there wasn't any. I had to bite the bullet and settle for some BBQ. First, from the Road Kill Griddle:

Then, from the BBQ Bullies:

Then, from Blakes BBQ:

Then, from the No-Name Crew who cooked some pretty mean ribs:

Then, not to show any favoritism I had to eat a few of the Arizona Sun Devils ribs:

Here is a view of our festival seats for Saturday:

Shot of Mari and Garrett:

In the bluegrass stage here is a close-up of Nickel Creek jammin':

A far shot of the bluegrass stage area showing the tents that made up the smaller stages. You basically plopped on the grass or put up a chair you brought with you and started listening to who was playing.

The man himself, Earl Scruggs still pickin' on the banjo at 80 something:

Back at the main stage, Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland getting the crowd cranked up for Brooks & Dunn and later Kenny Chesney.

Some of the local entertainment. I dunno what he was drinking, but he jammed from the start of the day to the finish of the day.

Garrett at the start of the festival:

The same Garrett after 2 days of county music, 20 something cokes, a dozen or so BBQ ribs, hot dogs and staying up nights hanging with the big people. When he finally crashed, it was not a pretty sight.

Can't wait until next year

Perry
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube

Old 05-10-2007, 03:09 PM
Livin' the Dream

seatech is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Stagecoach Country Music Festival

Perry,

Looks like a good time.

But you forgot the photo of yourself stage diving into the Mosh Pit