All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 07-30-2006, 09:05 PM
Moss Back

Incredible will become famous soon enough
Default Took the Big Game out today

Today was the first trip out with the Big Game. Got out to DP this afternoon at about 4:30 launched at the boat ramp. That was the wrong time of day to be there.Total Zoo. Headed outside with all gear aboard. The wind was up and the harbor entrance was rough. Like a washing machine. I caught a couple swells off the side high enough that I could not touch the water with my paddle for a second or two. With all the boat traffic and wind it was a confused sea and my kayak got a better pounding than I have seen in a while. I got out to the point to find the intake hose came off the bait tank and all my bait was dead. Add that to the conditions and I figured that was as good a sign as any that I should head in. Oh well back through the washing machine at the entrance and dodge a few sail boats and back to the ramp. Conditions were as rough as I have been in and the Kayak did a fine job. It was not affected by the wind much and it handled the chop and swells very well. It did not give the slightest impression that it wanted to roll at all. It did flex at the bottom a little though and it did take a little water but the cockpit drained out pretty well and the seat area stayed pretty dry the whole time. I will need to change a few things with my bait tank and rod holders from the way they were on my Drifter but other than that the boat did great job. I think it is also a bit faster than the Drifter was. The Big Game was a good choice for me and I could not be happier even though the fishing was bad it was still a good way to see what the new boat could do.