All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 07-15-2007, 07:26 PM
Barracuda

Beachem is on a distinguished road
Default San Diego Bay - 7/15

Jackie & I fished Shelter Island this morning. Launched about 6:30 to light wind and cool overcast conditions. We waited until all the sport boats from Pont Loma landing left before we made our way out to the channel for our first stop. Jackie started her day with a nice sandbass.

I started of the day with a small cuda.

Pretty steady pick of spotties and sandbass through out the morning including a couple of big ones.

Boat traffic started to pick up so we made the move to the shoals. Which turned out to be a good move and Jackie landed this guy.

As the tide was getting closer to high tide the bite started to taper off. We called it a day around noon and made the paddle back to the launch.

We had some entrainment courtesy of three sail boat skippers (I use this term very loosely). Three different boats at different times cut across the shoals at low tide even though there were miles of open water for them to navigate. One of the “skippers” almost hit one of the big buoys as he was cutting across. We weren’t in any kind of danger so it was pure entertainment as the passengers were yelling at skipper. What a bonehead!

Entertainment you just can’t buy and good catching made it another great day on the big bay.

BC
Old 07-15-2007, 10:38 PM
Barracuda

jonee523 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: San Diego Bay - 7/15

looks like you folks had a great time.

Jon