All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All General Kayak Fishing Discussion > All Foods and Beverages

Old 06-16-2007, 05:43 PM
Barnacle Bob

Tarpon guy will become famous soon enough
Default Bass recipes?

Hello guys,

I was wondering if some of you have posted bass recipes? Thought they might be here, but didn't see any
Old 06-16-2007, 07:16 PM
Barracuda

Robert has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Bass recipes?

Try this:
Fillet the bass. Remove the skin and any red meat. season the fillets with Emmeril's Essence Cajun Seasoning. Thinly slice lengthwise some green bell pepper, onion, and 1 jalapeƱo pepper. Saute the vegetables in olive oil. Season them with Essence. Just before they are done add a teaspoon of chopped garlic.
Remove the vegetables from the pan. Put the fillets in and cook them in some more olive oil. Add the vegetables about a minute before you remove the fillets
to heat them through. Serve this over a bed of Spanish rice. You talk about good!

Robert
Old 06-17-2007, 08:09 PM
Barnacle Bob

Tarpon guy will become famous soon enough

Sounds excellent!

I wanted to pass something on to you guys. You may already know about it, but here goes...

It's called Fisherman's Outlet Seafood. It's at 529 S. Central in Los Angeles. It's an old stucco take out place in the industrial part of town, a little north of the 10 freeway. They have giant grilled shrimp, halibut, salmon, lobster, you name it. There's always a mob standing in line, but it's worth it. Your food comes on a paper plate and if you're lucky, you can find a place to sit down at one of the outdoor tables.

The grilled shrimp is one of my favorites. It comes on a pile of rice with a side of fries and lots of garlic butter.

You guys pass on so much great information I hope this turns out to be a good surprise.

Cheers and good fishing!
Old 06-20-2007, 08:55 PM
Barracuda

Robert has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the tip on FOS tarpon guy!
I have another bass or almost any kind of fish recipe.
Fish fillets with lemon, butter, and capers over penne pasta:

Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit

Ingredients:

The fillets from 4 bass. Skin and dark meat removed and seasoned with garlic salt and pepper on both sides

The juice of 2 large lemons

1 & 1/2 sticks of butter

3/4 of a 4 oz jar of capers

1 lb package of penne pasta

olive oil

Garlic salt and pepper to taste

Cook the pasta according to the directions until aldente. Drain and pour pasta into a 13X9X2 baking dish. Saute fillets in olive oil until done flipping once. Place fillets on top of pasta. Melt butter in sauce pan. Add lemon juice and then capers. Pour over fish and pasta. Season with garlic salt and pepper.
Drizzle with olive oil.
Place in oven for about 30 minutes to heat through. This is a fantastic dish that everyone will love! Even people who don't like fish! The American Heart
Association probably wouldn't like it though!

Robert