All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 07-09-2008, 02:40 PM
Baitfish

customyaker is on a distinguished road
Default Crazy Yak Idea??

I have a way to wrap a kayak with a special adhesive vinyl that conforms over any surface and you can print any type of image you can imagine onto the vinyl. Its similar to the material they use to put those nice images onto boats. Anyways wanted to see if anyone else would like to get this done to their yak which would make it totally custom looking and very unique, its not that much to do either. Your response's I am looking forward too.

Josh
888-445-4099
Old 07-10-2008, 01:29 PM
Baitfish

JrBasser is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Crazy Yak Idea??

Sounds like a sweet idea. Is it the kind of wrap you can remove later? What kind of ideas did you have as far as prints?
Old 07-11-2008, 07:27 AM
TeamGreen

How much would you charge for a yak wrap? I would love to see some pics.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:18 AM
Baitfish

Ok first response to the first questions is yes you can remove it later no problem. Some Ideas I have are maybe a kelp paddy type design, or a tiger pattern, the options are literrally endless. Any scene or picture or design could be printed and applied to the yak. I am getting some artwork put together that I can impose onto a yak to show you guys in another week or so. Any ideas you have let me know

Ok question number two, the price is still to be determined but I dont see it being more then a couple hundred bucks. Once I know how much material it would take to cover the whole yak I will have a better idea.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:00 PM
Baitfish

That would be cool I'm interested to see how it would come out. Might open up a new theory to the kayaking teams out there.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:37 PM
Home Guard

Iceman is on a distinguished road

There was someone "Viking" who worked graphics, and wrapped a kayak. He did something for C Levels yak too. I think it would be cool..........tiger stripes
Old 07-16-2008, 04:26 AM
Baitfish

CRAZYYAKER is on a distinguished road

Would love to have my Hobie done as an alligator, how much?
Old 07-16-2008, 06:55 AM
Baitfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAZYYAKER View Post
Would love to have my Hobie done as an alligator, how much?
It will be under $250, I am going to see how many I can do for free to get the idea rollin so obviously I would hook you up. I am really not doing this for the money, I really like the idea and I know its going to get real popular. My goal is to sell the machines and consumables to the Kayak Manufactures and the ones that get set up will charge maybe $100.00 for a wrapped kayak (pretty much doing it at there cost) but they will out sell any of there competitors. This way you win (cause you get a sweet looking kayak for the same price), I win (cause I sold the stuff to the manu.), and the manufacturer wins (they are going to sell alot more yaks).
Old 07-16-2008, 04:03 PM
Baitfish

I think it will end up being a huge pain unless you do only the bottom of the hull and up the sides (like boats do). Which a lot of the wrap won't be seen. It would be nice to see a whole boat wrap but that would be too much of a hassle I'd think.