All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 04-29-2006, 08:17 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Long Beach 04-29-06

Headed out to 72nd street jetty with Piranha for a few hours of fishing. We launched despite there being a very bad looking red tide condition and hoped for the best. After we launched from the beach, I dipped my paddle down into the water to see how bad, bad was. When put in straight down, you pretty much lost the tip of the blade when the rear of the blade was at water level. We had some frozen anchovies though, so I was sure we would get a fish or two despite the bad water. We trolled beyond casting distance from the beach parallel to it for a few hundred yards for alot of debris on our plugs. We decided to turn to the island and fish there and hope for some cleaner water. Jerry got hit and broke off right after we arrived, and I nailed this nice looking Sculpin

There was a couple of guys in the area fishing in a skiff, and one turned out to be Ed and his friend Eric. They had done well for the day so we stayed in the area and I got a croaker that I released. Jerry scored a nice sandie which headed home for the taco tray, and we called it a day when the wind came up. Overall, a nice day on the water.

Perry
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube

Old 04-30-2006, 08:12 AM
Barracuda

Robert has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Long Beach 04-29-06

Perry,
Sounds like a good day on the water. I sure hope that red tide isn't like last years. It was tomato soup for months! My back is a little sore from working on my truck yesterday, so I i'm just chillin'.

Robert
Old 04-30-2006, 08:13 AM
Livin' the Dream

seatech is on a distinguished road

Perry,

Great seeing you out there yesterday.

We did REALLY well and in fact were fishing in a special SWBA fundraiser tourney.

We ended up weighing in over 21lbs (5 bass limit) and won the tourney!!!

We had 4 sandies 6lbs, 5lbs, 4lbs & 4lbs and 1 calico @ 3lbs. We also lost a few monsters that just couldn't be stopped.

We started fishing at 5:30am and had a limit by 6:25am. We culled fish thru the day. You know it's a good day of fishing when you are culling 2.9 and 3.1lb fish!!!

Ed
Old 05-02-2006, 06:39 AM
Livin' the Dream

seatech is on a distinguished road

A couple of the pigs we caught: