All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2007, 10:28 PM
Barracuda

jonee523 will become famous soon enough
Default Mission bay 5/24/07

Hey all,

Well today was an interesting day for me. I fished mission bay for the first time for some interesting results. I launched out of Dana Landing about noon. Brought all the normal stuff and my plano bait bucket for live bait. So I paddled to quivera basin and the bait barge and bought a small scoop of bait. This turned out to be a good move, because on the way there I got a pencil barrie and a 15inch white sea bass on the troll. In the process of getting bait I almost flip my boat (lots of water inside) so had to pump it out. So I get squared away and start fishing the live bait. Fished the derilict boats for no love so moved to the rocks before the ventura bridge. This was a good move, I got nailed by a ?????. It started to strip line then came unbottoned. So I did 3 drifts there for 2 small halis and lots of misses. I finally drift past the bridge and get hammered by a nice sand bass. It was legal so I was gonna keep it. While still drifting that area I catch 3 more spotties on 3" AA grubs. Now its getting around 4pm so I head in to Dana Landing area. I see 2 guys on new hobie kayaks pedaling around. We say hi and one of the guys works a Fastlane sailing center, he was giving a demo. So we start talking and he tells me about a slightly used Quest they have....... Yup you guessed it I spent the next 2 hrs demoing and trading in the Pungo. So now I'm on a Quest to get some fish. I must be nuts, but its such a nice platform. Its stable, turns even better than the pungo and much faster. So now that I have a sit on top I really need everyones help in the upfitting of her. I'm looking forward to fishing her rigged and ready.

So I'm a nut.

Tight lines and Paddle well,

Jon

jonee523

Ps. I forgot the sand bass was taken by a knothead while tied to the dock and talking about the Quest.