All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 07-03-2007, 12:17 PM
Predator

Needlefish will become famous soon enough
Default BPS Las Vegas Trip

"Pre-fished" the Bass Pro Shop in Vegas over the weekend, in preparation for the grand opening of the Rancho Cucamonga store July 18th. Got two Mitchell reels (300x and the smaller 310) for $18 each. Compared to Wal-mart price of $38 (300x). Nice "catch" I would say. They also had some sweet gaffs I had not seen anywhere else, small lightweight and even some telescopic............perfect for kayak or even to put in a backpack surf-fishing. Heck, you never know when a big halibut wants to "play" off Doheny.

Pablo
Old 07-03-2007, 04:45 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: BPS Las Vegas Trip

Pablo,
Sounds like a cool trip. I was thinking of going on the 18th for the grand opening after work, but I think we're going to make a desert run and hit it either direction after a few weeks. I'm curious to see how many plastics they'll have on the shelf and how many pontoon boats they'll have setup.

I have one of the original Mitchell 300's I got when I was like 8 years old and the thing still works perfect. I don't use it alot, but I think that's pretty amazing. I'd like to see that gaff next time we catch up, I'd like one for the 'tube. Lets get together soon,
Perry
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube