All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Fishing Kayaks Forums > All Hobie Kayaks

Old 09-17-2015, 04:29 PM
Baitfish

Lex is on a distinguished road
Default First post and Hobie newb

Hello Folks,
Well I'm new to this forum as well as to Hobie kayaks. That being said I've been kayak fishing for a while now but recently bought a Pro Angler 14. Love the kayak but feel like an absolute rookie at times taking for granted the differences between this kayak vs my other one. This leads me to my first question, hope it's not bad form to have my first post on this forum be me asking a question/opinion and not just a simple intro. Hope to hear from you and get your take on my situation. I should start by saying I'm an absolute neurotic when it comes to (trying) to take care of my things, in this case the Hobie. So when these little issues come up I tend to over think them and look to get a second opinion. It would seem I made a rather (dumb) mistake, I purchased a Hobie brand kayak trolley in order to move this rather heavy beast around. I've used it a few times now and it definitely is needed for moving any long distances. Though, while flipping it this evening to put the wheels in I noticed a small flat spot on either pontoon next to the rear scuppers. Turns out the wheels have been rubbing and left two wear marks on the bottom of the kayak. I was amazed that rubber tires could do that but I guess friction is friction no matter where it comes from. They don't seem too deep but enough to leave a couple flat spots, maybe an inch and a half long by half an inch wide. My question is, should I even be concerned with this or is there plenty of material to handle such an idiotic mishap. Thank you in advance and if anyone else has done such a thing (as is willing to admit it, lol) would love to hear from you. Thank you in advance and looking forward to checking out the forum.