All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 11-03-2006, 09:41 PM
Home Guard

gone_fishing is on a distinguished road
Default Sunday at Newport or Dana Point

Looks like I should be out Sunday morning. Leaning toward Newport's Coast Guard Beach. Hope to catch a few of you on the water. I'll be on a green, pontoon-style yak.

Hank

Old 11-05-2006, 11:25 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Sunday at Newport or Dana Point

Hank,
Did you make it out fishing? How did you do? I was out of town working and I'm heading out again later this week for a few weeks. Looks like my next fishing opportunity will be over Thanksgiving
Perry
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube

Old 11-06-2006, 07:46 PM
Home Guard

gone_fishing is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sunday at Newport or Dana Point

Sorry for the delay. Launched with my buddy from Coast Guard Beach about 6:30a.m. and fished closeby without any luck. We decide to paddle out past the jetties. I fish the beach side of the Corona Del Mar Breakwall and he fishes the tip of "The Wedge" Breakwall. I still can't buy a bite to save my life while he's having a field day with plenty of Macs and a few Bonies to boot on a Crock lure. He later tells me that a fellow yaker tells him that Saturday saw a wide open Bonita bite. I decide to head back into the bay to see if my luck can take a swing for the better and it does. I make a stop in front of the "Reef Channel" sign and start a fast drift. First a small Calico, then a run of Sandies. A couple going at 16". I then decide to head back to the Coast Guard area for my last stop. Caught a few Spotties and a Sandy before calling it a day. All bass were caught on my lucky Bass Assassin lure. Not a bad day at all! My buddy has plenty of 'Hooping" bait for his next trip and I catch enough Catch and Release bass to go home a happy man. The weather and water conditions were outstanding. It might as well have been July. It was that good.
Perry, sorry you'll be out of the water for a few weeks. Let me know when you're headed out and maybe I can join you. See you on the water!
Hank