All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Tournaments > All Other Kayak Fishing Tournaments

Old 04-07-2012, 08:37 PM
HOOK1 Crew

islanderexpress is on a distinguished road
Default Re: April 7th 2012 Mission Bay Tournament

Just wanna give a huge applause to the Crew at the OEX for an awesome event..They always pull off a good tournament..I would like to thank Iceman,Lanwhale,Brent,Cj..and of course the awesome weighboat Addi..You guys are top notch!!!!!...
The day was perfect and the new faces were nice to see and meet!..Also the food was delightful!!..
Congrats to the Top 10!!!!...
You know who you are..Great job fellas!
Congrats to Gilbert Hernandez for coming up top.
And Mayham for Big Fish!!!
"Sonny"
Old 04-08-2012, 05:29 AM
Barracuda

Margarita Mike is on a distinguished road

Thank You OEX, Andy, Steve, Adi and All for another great day. Had a great time, and got to enjoy old friends again.
OEX, you guys are the best.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:45 PM
Free Swimmer

HobieTom is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much to the OEX crew for putting it on. I had a great day. Thank you to the weigh boats cause that meant I could fish. Thank you to to Tommy Gomes for the fish tacos.
Great to see everyone!
Old 04-09-2012, 10:10 AM
baaaaaah

lamb has disabled reputation

Another great tournament in MB!

You're welcome guys & gals - it was my pleasure to help with the weigh boat.

Good to see all the "standard" gang (hate to say old ), great to meet the new folks.

Big time congrats to Gilbert and everyone that placed in the top

Thanks Tommy for great tacos, thanks OEX, all that helped, and all that played, Fun day OTW

Here's a couple of pics I've taken:

I had a pleasure of having Jasmin onboard to help me out the first 1/2 of the tourney.
He's not too much into bass fishing....
...his first friggen cast with my sabiki rod with 15# test line :

Some bruisers:

I haven't had a chance to fish a lot, but I did manage one lil' one

See you guys next year, the latest!
Old 04-09-2012, 02:37 PM
Baitfish

Rogersmith is on a distinguished road

thanks OEX, had a blast. Thanks Adi for the donuts off the weighboat! Great job
Old 04-13-2012, 12:22 PM
Baitfish

gilrockit is on a distinguished road

Sorry it took so long to write this, but with three babies at home I get a little tied up.

My day at Mission was spent in camp land the whole day. I pre-fished Feasts Bay and the bowling pin area. My goal for my pre-fishing was to find grass and finesse fish with swimbaits, Bugz and jerk shad. Had no luck with my pre-fish. The game plan for tournament day was to cover as much ground as possible. With the full moon, I knew the fish would want a reaction bait and with all the tournaments in Mission I knew the docks would be out of the question for me with all the pressure.

I trolled all day with Rapala CD and Berkley Frenzy. I did not stop my boat once. The key for me was to find broken up grass in about 15 feet of water and troll at the right speed just above the grass line. I ended up with 10 legal fish and about 6 halibut. My first 3 fish put me over the 6lb range.

Game plans are something you live and die by. Just blessed that my game plan paid off. Congrats to the top ten and to Mike for winning the side pot. It's always good to see friends go home with cash. This sport has been so good to my family and me and a win makes it so much better. It’s always good to catch up with friends and fish with my teammate Ken who always blesses my day. Thanks to all my sponsors and to OEX for throwing a great event. Andy, Steve and CJ, thanks for all you do and Tommy, the food was great! Can't wait for the next one. Sorry I'm not online much anymore. Any extra time I get, I spend with my babies.

The old tradition after a win was to tell everyone about your day, I would love to see that come back. As far as the side pot, it's something I never do. It’s a superstition I have, but maybe it's time to change! All in all God wanted Mike to have that money and I was blessed to see him take it to his family