All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-16-2006, 08:06 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Default Thursday at Dana Point

Six of us made it out for a mid-week foray for some scouting and fishing. Aaron & Julie were there early and suiting up for another day at chasing hali's around. Big "O", Jax Yak, JClays and myself headed out a few minutes later and headed south to the usual place, looking for the usual suspects. We caught some halibuts, some taco sized bass and a barracuda. Jax Yak caught the hali, bass and cuda. Jclays caught a nice sized 3+lb Calico Bass on a plug. I got a short halibut and a nice bass to round things out. I'm not sure what Big "O" caught as he left before I could touch base with him, and Aaron & Julie were still out fishing hard when we headed in about noonish. There was some chop that came up in the afternoon, and there were some big rollers in a set that came in from pretty far out which was surprising. Another nice day on the water...

JClay's Bass

PerryC.
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube