All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Fresh-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 06-11-2006, 01:02 PM
Livin' the Dream

seatech is on a distinguished road
Default Sierras Bassin' and Troutin'

Had to get outta town for a few days, so son Sean and I headed up to the Sierras.
Left at 3am and by 7, we were pulled up to our first spot:

Pulled out the baitcaster with a Purple Senko and let it fly, first cast, first fish. Set the hook and let Sean do the rest:

Got around to launching the tubes and caught 30'ish bass before noon, most in the 12-14" range. It's nice to take a shot of a fish and not have to worry about blurring out the background If you can find the spot, you deserve to fish it (Gotta love the background though)

After a quick lunch, Sean decides he's gonna catch a few bluegills by hand and he is going "commando". No fish, but he did manage to slip and get fully dunked!

Friday we decided to find some snow and try out North Lake for trout

We found enough snow for a good snowball fight and managed to catch quite a few small rainbows wild brook/brown trout.

On the way down the mtn we stopped by a small stream-fed pool for lunch.

As we ate, we noticed the pool was full of trout. 2 hours later, and about 50+ fish released, we were done.
Sean hooked up:

...and another

Back to bassing on Saturday, with this the last fish/cast of the day:

Finished up Saturday night with another outstanding dinner at Rossi's and back home by 7am today.

As a side note, I saw more CHP on this single trip than any other trip up the 395. Friday there were 8 CHP cruisers between Bishop and Big Pine, plus many more between the 5/14 junction and Big Pine.

Ed
Old 06-11-2006, 06:30 PM
Angler and BBQ Meister

PerryC is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Sierras Bassin' and Troutin'

Ed,
Thanks for the report and I'm glad you were able to take one of your boys with you to enjoy the outdoors a bit over the weekend. I know I can't wait to head up to the Sierras later this year myself. Of the trips I do, the Sierras trip is by far my favorite. You ever hit up Kennedy or Troy Meadows on your way up there?? Take Care,
Perry
Outcast Super FatCat float tube
Creek Company ODC 420 float tube

Old 06-11-2006, 08:34 PM
Livin' the Dream

seatech is on a distinguished road

Next time Perry.

Man the lakes and streams were just packed with trout. The ponds are still a bit off with all the run off but should clear up later in the summer. Lots of bass on spinnerbaits, lost a big one 4-5lbs right at the tube. Got a good look and he spit the hook.

Ed
Old 06-11-2006, 10:26 PM
Baitfish

kayakjak is on a distinguished road

Man, does that bring back some good memories. We used to go up there when I was a greenhorn kid. We would stay for over a week and there would be 15-20 guys fishing and camping. I caught my first Brook Trout up there in a small stream. Great to hear there is still some good fishin up there. Thanks for the report!