All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Fishing Kayaks Forums > All Ocean Kayaks

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2008, 12:18 PM
Wilderness Pro Staff

Siebler is on a distinguished road
Default My thoughts on the OK Trident 15

The Ocean Kayak Trident 15 was released June of 2007. The newest of the Ocean Kayak line , I just had to have it and received the first boat in our shipment. Would seem kind of odd if a dealer wasn’t in the latest and greatest right?

After owning so many kayaks (12+), I was hoping to finally find the boat for me. My first impressions had me thinking that I had finally found what I was looking for, and so far I have yet to see anything better.

This kayak features an awesome deck with cool features like the sonar shield (I didn’t like it at first but now love it). Because I have the KayaTank in my Rod Pod I have to stow rods through the Bow Hatch, Being able to fold the sonar down and keep it out of the way makes the process a breeze.

Upon paddling this kayak I found that the boat tracks well and like every OK is great in the surf. I’ve taken this boat Surfing on several occasions and it handles very well for a 15+ foot boat. Also, it is DRY unlike my previous Prowler 15.

For these reasons I did not mind the few downfalls of this boat. The Trident is slightly heavier than a lot of the boats I have owned. It also isn’t as fast as my 15 was, However, being comfortable is far more important to me than being the fastest angler out there. One other problem was that this boat didn't really care to track perfectly in the wind, A rudder was the quick fix for this and after about 6 months of rudder use I would never give it up.

Whether beginning or upgrading, take a look at the Trident. You will be glad that you did. Also if you decide on the Trident take a look at getting the optional rudder. It is well worth the extra 250.00 or so. This boat is absolutely amazing with a rudder on it.

HOW SoCal Coordinator - www.Heroesonthewater.org

Wilderness Systems Kayaks Pro Staff
YakAttack Pro Staff
Izorline International Pro Staff