All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Fishing Kayaks Forums > All Hobie Kayaks

Old 01-12-2010, 05:47 PM
Baitfish

Ohana is on a distinguished road
Default New to the Forum and have a question

Hello everyone!

I just joined this forum and have been fishing from my Hobie Revo with the mirage drive since November 2009; I purchased the Hobie around the same time. I have had a lot of fun catching bass in Newport Harbor and started fishing Dana Point as it is closer to my house.

My question is what maker of rod holders are recommended to install in the front of the kayak seat versus the rod holders already molded in behind the seat? I would like to do this as it helps me watch the rods while paddling or trolling, without having to listen for the clicker or look over my shoulder.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Kevin
Old 01-21-2010, 03:55 PM
On the water

bigderel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New to the Forum and have a question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohana View Post
Hello everyone!

I just joined this forum and have been fishing from my Hobie Revo with the mirage drive since November 2009; I purchased the Hobie around the same time. I have had a lot of fun catching bass in Newport Harbor and started fishing Dana Point as it is closer to my house.

My question is what maker of rod holders are recommended to install in the front of the kayak seat versus the rod holders already molded in behind the seat? I would like to do this as it helps me watch the rods while paddling or trolling, without having to listen for the clicker or look over my shoulder.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Kevin
Hey Kevin sorry it took so long for anyone to respond to this!

I personally use the Ram mounts on my Revo. There is a flat square area that is just the right size for mounting them just forward of a typical paddling motion area. Do make sure that they will not interfere with you paddling stroke or any other component you might have. The best part about these mounts is that they can pivot and be easily repositioned or removed (except for the 'ball' attachment).

Andy