All Kayak Fishing Forums  

Go Back   All Kayak Fishing Forums > All Kayak Fishing Reports Forums > All Salt-Water Kayak Fishing

Old 10-11-2006, 05:21 PM
Baitfish

vakayakangler is on a distinguished road
Default Greetings from Virginia

New to your forum, you will find me mostly on Kayakfishingstuff and Tidewaterkayakanglers, and mainly east coast stuff, but fishing is fishing. The wife and I fish together from our kayaks, and we recently upgraded from WS Tarpon 140s to T160i's. I just completed a successful install of sonar on mine, and it went well, thanks in part to info gleaned from the KFS members.

I am a former Marine SNCO and work for Fish and Game in VA, and the wife and I fish mainly lakes and reservoirs but have started to fish a little salt water when we feel like making the 3 hour drive to the coast. I just took my first fly fishing lesson last week, and I am HOOKED. As far as fly fishing goes, I am open to suggestions, I have a 6wt TFO rod, and a 4 wt Orvis Superfine, and plan to use both of them as much as possible. We are lucky enough to live right next to a state park, and less than a half hour from both a 740 acre reservoir and an 850 acre reservoir.

Glad to have found you guys and plan to visit often. Hope to contribute postive topics when I can.

Jim from Virginia.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:56 PM
Home Guard

gone_fishing is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Greetings from Virginia

Welcome aboard Jim! As you say "fishing is fishing" and doing it from a kayak is even better. There's a wealth of info to gain on this site. Keep us posted on your trips as they come up. Keep 'em bent!
Hank (So Cal)

Old 10-11-2006, 07:02 PM
Home Guard

gone_fishing is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Greetings from Virginia

Damn,
I forgot the most important thing. Semper Fi!!!
USMC 1980-1984
Hank